Are you a radio person who understands community and local is the heart of radio? An organized and dedicated person? A person who sees the news as a story that effects us all? Arctic Radio in northern Manitoba is looking for someone like you. We have three stations and want to talk to someone interested in the area and this opportunity.
This NEWS position is fulltime (with possible occasional fill-in for voicetracking and board work as well as other opportunities).
We’re a radio station group with a strong community-minded philosophy that focuses on what’s happening locally. We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in news and
- Has the ability to write in a clear, concise, and creative manner
- Is outgoing and willing to speak to people in the community to dig up stories
- Has excellent interview skills
- Can research stories to find out what’s at the heart of any matter
- Has strong organizational skills and is comfortable with deadlines
- Has completed relevant courses in radio broadcasting
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Is flexible with schedules
Other duties include:
- Adding news stories to our websites and Facebook pages on a daily basis
- Making public appearances on behalf of the radio station
- Those as assigned by management
Experience with Adobe Audition and Mediatouch systems would be an asset but not a requirement.
Send resumes and demos ASAP to firstname.lastname@example.org