RECRUITING FOR NEWS – GREATER NAPANEE
In an era of shrinking newsrooms, My Broadcasting Corporation still believes in and invests in local news. Would you like to join one of the largest and fastest growing radio news teams in the country? My Broadcasting Corporation is looking to add dedicated, talented and professional broadcast journalists to our team. The successful candidates will go above and beyond to be a local news leader and will also become active in the community in which they work. Duties may include weekend news and coverage of evening council meetings.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• Represent the station at Community events as a reporter or Emcee
• Attend community events and conduct interviews for news stories
• Attention to detail and commitment to ensuring news content is factual.
• Write and voice news (training to be provided)
• Web publishing to MBC Media websites and social media posts.
• Operate on-air board, automation program, and studio equipment.
• Other related duties as assigned by general manager, group news director or group program director.
• Excellent news writing skills.
• Strong audio editing and board operation skills.
• Experience covering municipal councils and local news conferences preferred.
• Working knowledge of Wavepad, Adobe Audition and Wireready programs an asset.
• Highly motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Demonstrated ability to remain calm and focused when the pace becomes very fast.
• Valid driver’s license (driver’s abstract requested).
Interested in having some fun and making a commitment to the objectives noted above?
Applicants are invited to send a resume and demo by Thursday, November 12th to:
Jordan Mercier, Group News Director
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Oliver, General Manager myFM Napanee
Email address: email@example.com
MBC values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity.