News Reader / Writer
Byrnes Communication is looking for a News reader / writer for its Niagara Stations, 101.1 More FM and 105-1 The River. The position is based in Niagara Falls and will deliver daily news casts and publish news stories for station websites.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Prepare and read daily news casts
• Knowledge of local news and newsmakers
• Ability to research and develop stories of local interest
• Covering news stories/conferences as required
• Occasionally take and upload pictures and videos for news stories
• Updating station’s web site & social media portals in a timely manner
• Continue our relationship with local government agencies & utilities, etc.
• Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• Broadcasting or Journalism Diploma
• Experience working in a broadcast newsroom
• Strong news delivery (voice and diction)
• Up to date on National, Regional and Local current events
• Proficient with Burli News Software preferred
• Knowledge in digital publishing and social media
• A valid Ontario Drivers License in good standing
• An enthusiastic, team player attitude required
• Strong social media skills
Send your resume and demo to:
105-1 The River, 101.1 More FM, 104.7 Heart FM
The deadline for applications is October 23, 2020.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.