NEWS REPORTER / ANNOUNCER – Campbell River, BC
Live, work and play on Vancouver Island, British Columbia!
Vista Radio is looking for someone with news reporting and anchoring talents, for our radio station in Campbell River. The city is stretched along the Salish Sea, with countless hiking trails and natural wonders. It has an airport with direct flights to Vancouver, and is a short drive from world-class skiing on Mount Washington.
The average daytime high in winter is +7 degrees, and the average low is above zero. Campbell River has a population of over 37,500 people.
About the Job:
This is a Monday - Friday, full-time news reporting/anchoring position. You will be reporting stories and recording afternoon newscasts for Campbell River and Port Hardy. You will also be part of the team providing Regional stories for the other Vista Radio stations on Vancouver Island and the Sunshine Coast. The position requires covering all types of local stories, (i.e. crime, politics, environment, social issues, etc.), writing quickly and accurately to post online, to the Newsroom software, and to the on-air system.
This position requires an ambitious self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team. The candidate should have an attitude of responsibility and service, and be genuinely interested in the community. You will have local and remote supervision and support.
· Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
· Serve as a backup anchor for recorded newscasts as required
· Managing multiple social media platforms, updating as required
· Building and strengthening relationships in the market.
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience working in a broadcast newsroom or equivalent journalism background
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong on-air deliverySuperior organizational skills
· Self-starter with strong news sense
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· A valid driver license
· Working familiarity with KLZ Newsroom audio recording software is a plus
Application Instructions: Apply online at VistaRadio.ca/Careers/ or email your resume to Mike Patterson at email@example.com
Please include a link or attachment to a newscast demo with your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.