Live, work and play in the heart of the Cowichan Valley, on beautiful Vancouver Island.
Vista Radio is looking for someone with news reporting and anchoring talents, for our radio station in Duncan and extended markets. The Cowichan Valley is known for its "farm to table" way of life, its many wineries and is an hour away from BC's capital, Victoria.
About the Job:
This is a Monday - Friday, full-time News Reporter and Announcer position. You will be reporting stories and recording morning newscasts for the Cowichan Valley and our extended markets. The position requires covering all types of local stories, (i.e. crime, politics, environment, social issues, etc.), writing quickly and accurately to post online, to the Newsroom software, and to the on-air system.
This position requires an ambitious self-starter who can work well independently and as part of a team. The candidate should have an attitude of responsibility and service, and be genuinely interested in the community. You will have local and remote supervision and support.
· Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
· Delivering concise, clear, and accurate morning newscasts
· Managing multiple social media platforms, updating as required
· Building and strengthening relationships in the market.
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience working in a broadcast newsroom or equivalent journalism background
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong on-air delivery
· Superior organizational skills
· Self-starter with strong news sense
· Ability to work independently and with a team
· A valid driver license
· Working familiarity with KLZ Newsroom audio recording software is a plus
Application Instructions Apply online at VistaRadio.ca/Careers/ or email your resume to Mike Patterson at email@example.com. Please include a link or attachment to a newscast demo with your resume.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.