102.9 CHTM in Thompson, MB has an opening for a News Reporter / Announcer.
If you’re a dedicated newshound, here’s your chance to determine the headlines, not just read them.
As part of your due diligence, please research Thompson and be honest with yourself about whether or not you can commit to life in a remote community (an 8-hour drive to Winnipeg).
Please do that BEFORE you apply.
We’re a radio station with a strong community-minded philosophy that focuses on what’s happening locally.
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a genuine interest in news and is committed to staying on top of the local news beat
- Has the ability to write news stories in a clear, concise, and creative manner
- Is outgoing and willing to speak to people in the community to dig up stories
- Has excellent live and telephone interview skills
- Can research stories to find out what’s at the heart of any matter
- Has strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Has completed relevant courses in radio broadcasting
- Has a valid driver’s license
- Is flexible and understands radio is not a 9 to 5 job
Other duties include:
- Adding news stories to our website and facebook page on a daily basis
- Making public appearances on behalf of the radio station
- Those as assigned by management
Experience with Adobe Audition and Mediatouch systems is a benefit, but not a requirement.
Send resumes and demos by June 2, 2023 to: firstname.lastname@example.org