News Reporter and Editor
Acadia Broadcasting Limited is a growing radio broadcaster with radio stations in Atlantic Canada and Northwestern Ontario. In each of our markets, our Company focuses on being the community’s local voice for entertainment, news, and events.
99.9 The Bay and Country 105 are currently hiring for our Thunder Bay news team. Acadia Broadcasting is committed to news coverage in its communities with a special emphasis on local reporting. All members of our team are generators of local stories, have on-air duties and are proficient with digital and social platforms.
Here’s what we’re looking for:
• A reporter who can cover news with accuracy, timeliness and original story ideas
• A writer who can leave out the jargon and create stories for the ear
• A news reader with a credible conversational style
• A knowledge of how our industry is shifting to digital coverage and what makes it different
• A team player
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for:
• Reporting Monday to Friday although hours may vary
• On-air news editor as required including vacations and occasional weekends
· Generating website content
Are you qualified?
• A college diploma in broadcasting or journalism preferred
• Knowledge of Burli and Socast software an asset
• Curious and coachable
• Excellent storytelling skills & strong social media skills
• Valid driver’s licence
If you have a passion for storytelling and are driven to become a part of the community, we would like to hear from you. We strive to be the best radio station in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume and please include a link to your YouTube or SoundCloud account on your resume if possible.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.