News Reporter & Morning Show Co-Host Whitecourt / Drayton Valley, AB
If you have a passion for local news and love being on the air, the perfect opportunity awaits you in Alberta!
XM 105fm in Whitecourt and Big West Country in Drayton Valley, part of Pattison Media, are looking for a full-time Newsperson/Morning Show Co-host based out of Whitecourt.The primary focus will be on covering breaking news, beat reporting for online and radio, reading radio newscasts, and being an informative and energetic co-host on the morning show!
The person we’re looking for is a great storyteller with a strong on-air presence, digital-first mindset, and a winning attitude.
Other qualifications and duties include:
• A strong news sense. What matters to your community? What are people talking about? What do they need to know?
• Strong interview skills and a team player
• Developing story ideas, strong writing, and editing news for online publishing and on-air broadcast
• Using editorial judgement to help determine newscast content
• Attending both Town and County council meetings
• Being an active member of your community
• Having a strong working knowledge of Canadian Press (CP) style print journalism
• Meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Being adept and professional at all delivery platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
• Performing other tasks as required
• Broadcast Journalism degree or diploma
This is a challenging but great opportunity to join an action-packed news team that also includes colleagues in Red Deer and Rocky Mountain House, AB. If this is the gig for you, apply today!
You can apply online at www.pattisonmedia.com/careers or send your resume, writing samples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by June 21, 2022 to:
*Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential*
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.