News Reporter – 6 Month Contract (Nanaimo, BC)
Live, work and play on Vancouver Island, British Columbia!
Vista Radio is looking for a News Reporter in Nanaimo, BC. This bustling, ocean-side community is the second-largest city on Vancouver Island. It is minutes away from countless hiking trails and natural wonders, and about an hour from world-class skiing on Mount Washington. If you like being outside 365, this is your dream come true.
You are detail-oriented, with a passion for getting it first - and getting it right.
You are a team player, a self-starter, and are willing and able to lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You are comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
About the Job:
Please note, this is a contract position, initially for 6 months with the potential of further extension.
· Be a prominent part of the community
· Building and strengthening relationships in the market.
· Researching and writing news stories for online and broadcast
· Producing news audio and video as required
· Recording morning news for two radio stations
· Acting as the primary reporter for Nanaimo and Sechelt, working from our downtown Nanaimo location.
· Managing multiple social media platforms and updating as required during the 24-hour news cycle
· Other duties as assigned
· Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong on-air delivery
· Superior organizational skills
· The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
· A valid driver's license
· Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please attach a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.