If you would like to live within 30 minutes of the lake, minutes from multiple golf courses, and have all the comforts of city living, this could be the job for you! Missinipi Broadcasting Corporation (MBC Radio) is looking for a North Central Saskatchewan News Reporter, based out of our Prince Albert, Saskatchewan location.
The role of the North Central Saskatchewan News Reporter is to be a visible news presence in Prince Albert and the surrounding area, while performing duties related to the presentation of MBC’s regular newscasts and contributing stories in a professional and timely manner. The successful applicant will also ensure that adequate preparation of material for on air broadcasts is done to the highest standards of quality.
Duties will include:
• Writing and researching of stories to air on regular news/sportscasts, conducting recorded interviews for audio clips and supplying written material relevant to the events and functions of the Prince Albert region, northern Saskatchewan and Indigenous Canada.
• Assignments include on-scene reporting and providing voicers for news/sports reports.
• Developing story ideas and prioritizing story coverage while adhering to tight deadlines.
• Being a contributing member to the news department through information sharing, provision of point form summaries and audio clips for news stories and other related duties.
• Ensuring material produced and prepared for broadcast is of the highest quality and reflective of community standards and promotion and enhancement of Indigenous culture.
• Other duties related to news/sports gathering, such as posting stories to our website, radio production, programming and operations as assigned.
Special assignments and some travel may be required; therefore a valid driver’s license and vehicle are required. Candidates holding a completed university Degree in Journalism from a recognized institution are preferred or previous news broadcasting experience. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please email audio demo (mp3) and resume to Deborah A. Charles, MBC CEO: firstname.lastname@example.org . Subject Line “MBC News Reporter”.
Deadline for submission is Friday, October 23, 2020.