Byrnes Communications is one of the few independent broadcasters in Ontario who believes in the importance of local news. We reach over 130,000 listeners weekly across Oxford County and beyond. Our website www.hearfm.ca provides critical local information daily and is one of the most visited websites in the area based on page views. We have just promoted the person who has been in this position for the last several years to News Director, so we are looking for our next news hound.
1. Responsible for writing and delivering all aspects of afternoon news both on air and on-line for CIHR-FM .
2. Responsible for producing and airing accurate relevant newscasts, with an emphasis on local news and other stories that will affect our listeners.
3. Enhance the image of our station as a dependable source for timely local information.
4. Ensure our news stories are posted on the relevant websites and social media channels in a timely manner while also maintaining accuracy.
5. Forming positive relationships with local news and public affairs sources.
6. Always be aware of what is going on in the Oxford County community and surrounding area, so we can be the first to deliver important news stories to our listeners.
Required Skills And Qualifications:
A Broadcast Journalism/Radio Broadcasting Diploma and at least one year’s on-air experience in a commercial radio station.
Excellent writing skills [for the ear] and on-air delivery.
Strong website, social media and video skills is important
Excellent computer skills with the ability to type accurately at least 50 words a minute
Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to deadlines
A working knowledge of Burli news software would be an asset.
A valid driver’s license (Ontario).
Relocation to Woodstock or Oxford county is a requirement
Southern Ontario is a great place to live, work and play. If you are a team player with a great work ethic that loves the business, then we want to hear from you. Send your cover letter, resume, on air demo and to firstname.lastname@example.org with News in the subject line.
Byrnes Communications is an equal opportunity employer. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.