NEWS WRITER/AFTERNOON ANNOUNCER
Are you someone who likes to be involved in different projects? Do you relish having multiple tabs open on your web browser? Do you love to connect with your audience and be the pulse of your community? Do you get a jolt of excitement when you get a notification from Instagram or Facebook? FM 101 Orangeville has a chance for you to be a “Master of All”! We are looking for a News Reporter who has the ability to do a live on-air shift as well!
What you’ll do…
• Perform a live on-air afternoon drive shift (2p-6p) with some personality!
• Prepare local stories for afternoon newscasts and post stories to our station website
• Be a LOCAL star! Represent the station at community events
• Use your cyber-savviness to oversee and contribute to company social media pages and websites
• Always be curious about the community
• Voice track for additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required
• And of course, the obligatory “other duties as assigned”
What we need from you…
• Minimum 2 years of broadcasting experience
• Experience with Playout One an asset, but we can train you!
• A can-do, take on the world, get up and go, positive attitude
• Think outside the box – the more creative the better
• Be fun, not boring
• Goal oriented and self-motivated with a high level of initiative
• Good in the halls – meaning you enjoy your job and the team around you
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Social media is your friend and you know how to use it
• Ability to relate to a LOCAL audience
• Strive for success not only as an individual but for the entire station
• A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
• And lastly... don’t get us sued
If you love radio, want to have fun and really get to know what LOCAL radio is all about, send your details, including links or a demo of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.