Canadian Music Week invites the broadcasting industry to nominate Canada's outstanding young broadcasters for the Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award, in memory of Steve Young. Nominations close May 13. This will be the 13th Annual Award to recognize Canada's remarkable young, many of whom have gone on to big successes since receiving the award. The winner will receive airfare, accommodation and a CMW delegate pass to receive their prestigious award at a the CMW 2022 luncheon on June 7, 2022.
Please take the opportunity to shine a spotlight on the rising stars, as Canadian Music Week and “Friends of Steve Young” once again salute Steve with the Allan Waters Young Broadcaster of the Year Award.
Anyone working in the industry can nominate any worthy broadcaster so long as they meet the following criteria:
1. Normally this goes to candidates under the age of 30 but for this year, to make up for a lost year due to COVID, we will honour those who are under 31 years of age as of Dec 31, 2021.
2. Must work in the programming department: On-Air, Programming, Promotion, Production or Creative
3. Must be nominated by another individual working in the radio industry
4. Must be Canadian Citizen or Landed Immigrant
5. Must have made a significant, documented contribution to the community they serve, the radio industry or their craft.
Deadlines for entries is Friday, May 13, 2022 at midnight EST. Entries arriving after the deadline will not be eligible. Winners will be notified no later than Friday May 22, 2022.
Click here – or copy-and-paste the link below – to access the Submission Form that must be completed for your nomination.
https://cmw.net/young-broadcaster-award-nominations/ Please note that past nominees, including last year’s runners-up, can be renominated if they still meet the criteria.
Don't forget to attach materials in support of your submission (mp3 airchecks, press coverage, documentation of community involvement, awards, ratings, proof of age etc.)
To learn more about Steve Young please visit his tribute page on Facebook: http:/tinyurl.com/steveyoungtribute Canadian Music Week is Canada's leading annual entertainment event dedicated to the expression and growth of the country's music, media and entertainment industries. Combining multifaceted information-intensive conferences; a trade exposition; awards shows and the nation's largest new music festival. All conference functions take place at the InterContinental Toronto Centre at 225 Front Street West in Toronto.
Media Contact: Damien Nelson, email@example.com