On Air Announcer / News – Lethbridge, AB
Vista Radio has an immediate opening for a Morning Show Host & Anchor/Reporter based in Lethbridge, AB.
Want to feel like you’re in an episode of Cheers where everybody knows your name? Do you actually get that reference? Welcome to 94.1 CJOC, we’re looking for a Morning Show Host/Newsie who knows the 70s, 80s and more aren’t nostalgic, they’re CLASSIC.
You are a story-teller. You uncover them, chase them, write themand tell them. You don’t wait for the next bureaucratic news release, you’re busy finding “real stories” about people/events that impact and the times in which we live.
You're a team player, a self starter, and lead by example.
You understand social media, its importance, and its evolving role in the news cycle.
You're comfortable with a variety of platforms and can handle producing content in audio, video, and written forms.
If this is you, apply to be part of the #1 Morning Show in the largest market within Vista Radio!
● Co-host an interactive and informative Morning Show 6-10, Monday to Friday
● Liaise with clients and be an ambassador for our Radio Station
● Be a prominent part of the community while you live, workand play here
● Make promotional appearances as required and appear at community events and remote broadcasts
● Research and write news stories for online and broadcast
● Help facilitate an effective news environment that fosters creativity and professionalism, while working with our news team to source local stories and develop story ideas in Lethbridge and the surrounding region
● Create content across all platforms with a local-first focus
● Assist in moving our written product seamlessly to all Websites and Social Media accounts
● Voice tracking additional shifts for other dayparts or stations as required
● Manage scripts and requests to record commercial and promo voice-overs
● Assist with sales/programming by collaborating on creative promotions
● Minimum three years of radio experience
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Ability to relate to the local target audience
● Absorb learning and work to become a self-starter
● Strong teamwork and collaboration, able to take direction and coaching from leaders and colleagues
● Remain calm under pressure to meet deadlines and build skills to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
● Experience working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism background considered an asset
● Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus
● A valid driver's license and reliable transportation
Send your cover letter, resume, audio demo and writing samples to Erin Lucas, Program Director: email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals