On Air Personality – Rock of the Atlantic
Stingray Radio has a unique opportunity to reach and entertain listeners across the Atlantic provinces from our Halifax studios as the host of Rock of the Atlantic! Our live evening show originates in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia, and airs on the Q Network in New Brunswick and Nova Scotia, as well as the K-Rock network across Newfoundland. This opportunity is for someone who knows Classic Rock, knows how to connect with our audience - and who can take an already successful show to new heights!
The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks including:
• Present a high-energy, interactive and relatable show on air
• Connecting with listeners using our social media platforms across all of our Rock of the Atlantic stations
• Making personal appearances as required, including on-site broadcasts and off-air hosting
• Voice tracking shifts as required
• Other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 5 years of broadcast experience
• Ability to relate, and speak to, a 35-54 target demographic audience
• Strong writing and oral presentation skills
• Upbeat, outgoing and natural personality.
• Creative, timely and up-to-date on current events – but you also understand that real life makes great radio.
• Great team player
• Great with listeners and clients
• Above average phone and production skills.
If you are looking for an exceptional workplace and have what it takes to fill this position:
1. Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form: www.stingray.com/employment-equity-survey
2. And then send your resume to email@example.com
Submission deadline: May 20, 2022.
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.