About the Role:
Vancouver’s legendary Rock 101 has a rare opportunity to be part of our elite on air team.
You should be a dynamic broadcaster, a social media guru and a relentless content generator. You should be plugged into music and the big stories of the day with a view to bring that stuff to life during your show. You should love classic rock and crave the incredible West Coast life Vancouver offers.
“You’ll be working on things like:”
• Hosting, operating and producing mid-day show
• Prepare on-brand, entertaining and demographic appropriate content for on-air and online
• Manage social media platforms while on-air
• Knowledgeable of world events as they relate to the station audience
• Required to voice track or cover other shifts as necessary
• Other duties as assigned
“If you have the following…we want to hear from you!”
• 4+ years’ experience in on-air within a medium or major market in Radio
• Excellent on-air skills
• Excellent social media skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Passion for engaging with the local audience (including in person, on the phone, in social media, etc.)
• Superior organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate effectively in all settings
• Must be a team player with a positive attitude and a sense of humour
Corus is a driving force in the media industry with a diverse portfolio of strong brands that entertain and inform audiences through great storytelling and compelling content, reaching millions of people around the world every day.
We have a passionate drive to connect with the world around us: to express, to share, to be part of people’s lives. Walk around our offices, our stations, our studios across the country and you’ll feel it. You’ll see it in action.
You’ll see it in the open communication and the approachability of our people. You’ll see it in our care for quality work and the interest in new, creative solutions. You’ll see it in how we work with external partners, and how we care about our communities. These are all core to the values we commit to living each and every day - Win Together, Think Beyond, Make It Happen, Learn Every Day, Show We Care. Our values describe what makes us a pretty unique—and amazing—place to work.
Corus is committed to providing a fair and equitable work environment and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Corus is also committed to providing accommodations throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation we will work with you to meet your needs.
*No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
Please apply through the Corus link here: https://can62e2.dayforcehcm.com/CandidatePortal/en-US/corusent/Site/CORUS/Posting/View/9287