Full Time Online and Radio Reporter / News Anchor Vernon, BC
If you have a passion for local news, there's a great opportunity for you in the North Okanagan! Vernon Matters.ca and 1075 Beach Radio are looking for a full-time newsperson, with a primary focus on covering breaking news and beat reporting for online and radio, and to read radio newscasts.
You may be the News Anchor we’re looking for if you’re a great storyteller, have a strong on-air presence, digital-first mindset and a winning attitude. Other qualifications and duties include:
• Using editorial judgement to help determine content of newscasts
• Developing story ideas, writing, shooting and editing news for on-air broadcast
• Having a strong working knowledge of Canadian Press (CP) style print journalism
• Meeting deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
• Being adept at all delivery platforms, including engagement on the web and social media
• Performing other tasks as required by supervisor
• Broadcast Journalism degree or diploma
We are good at what we do. If you’d like to work with a group of over-achievers, who have fun while making a difference in their community, apply now.
Please send your resume, writing examples, on-air demo and a completed copy of the Pattison Media New Applicant Self ID form by July 2nd, 2021 to:
*** Our New Applicant Self ID form is available for download at https://pattisonmedia.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential. ***
Pattison Media is committed to our social responsibility of equal opportunity employment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, disability, medical condition, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, religion, expression, marital status or other non-job-related criteria. We encourage members of all designated groups to identify themselves using our self-identification form, as doing so will help us correct under-representation of those individuals in our company.