Online and Radio Reporter / News Anchor
If you have a passion for local news, there's a great opportunity for you in the North Okanagan!
Vernon Matters.ca and 1075 Beach Radio are looking for a full-time newsperson, with a primary focus on covering breaking news and beat reporting for online and radio, and to read radio newscasts.
· Cover breaking news, court cases, and local political events like city council and regional district meetings
· Write stories for Vernon Matters.ca and for 1075 Beach Radio
· Prepare and read radio newscasts, with a focus on local news
· Generate original story ideas daily
· Post to social media
· Broadcast/Journalism diploma, with minimum two years of journalism experience
· Self-starter who takes direction well
· Able to work with a team and independently
· Ability to write clear, concise and grammatically correct web copy
· Sound knowledge of Canadian Press style
· Comprehensive knowledge of social media platforms
· Photography skills are an asset
· Understands and appreciate the importance of local, community-focused news
· Valid driver’s license
Please send your resume, references, on air check, and a completed copy of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group New Applicant Self ID form byFebruary 21st, 2020 to:
3313 32 Avenue
Vernon, BC V1T 2E1
*** Our New Applicant Self ID Form is available for download at www.jpbg.com/selfidform.pdf and should be completed and attached to all employment applications. Please note your completed forms will be kept confidential. ***
As part of the Jim Pattison Broadcast Group’s Employment Equity Policy we encourage women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to identify themselves as this may be to their advantage in helping us correct under-representation of those groups in our company.