Moose FM in Fort St. John, B.C., has an exciting opportunity for you as we continue to grow our media company. We are growing so fast that we need an Operations Manager to run the day-to-day functions of Moose FM.
I (Adam Reaburn) own both Moose FM and Energeticcity.ca. We are one of only a handful of independently owned and operated radio stations in Canada. I’m looking for someone to call Fort St. John and Northeast B.C. home for the long haul. Plus, one day, I will look to step aside and hand the keys over to the next person who can run this radio station and media company.
As the communities only locally owned media company, we have a unique advantage in creating radio the way it used to be. On top of the radio fun, we produce and run 20 community events a year, ranging from job fairs to block parties to free movies in the park.
We are looking for someone who wants to get out and become part of our community and join our family. Learn more about what we do by visiting our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/moosefm
Here is what you’ll do each day:
● You will work with our on-air team and sales team to run the day-to-day operations of Moose FM.
● You work with the sales team to meet and exceed budget expectations.
● You will work with the staff and owner to create new sales opportunities.
● You will develop and coach all sales staff and recruit and hire staff as needed.
● You will develop and coach all on-air talent and recruit and hire staff as needed.
● You will oversee our promotions and events and work with the team to create fun activities for our community.
● You must have a minimum of two years of previous management experience in any area of radio.
● You must be a problem solver who can work with staff and clients to solve everyday radio problems.
● You need to work daily to develop a positive working environment in all departments of the radio station.
● You must have a passion and desire to develop business relationships within the community and be a civic leader.
● You also need superior communication skills, solid problem-solving skills and an ability to prioritize demands and manage expectations.
How does that sound? Are you up for the challenge?
This position is available immediately! So send in your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
For more information, contact Adam Reaburn, General Manager and Owner of Moose FM/Energeticcity.ca.
9924 101 Ave, Fort St John, BC