Producer – Content Creation (Winnipeg)
Do you have a creative mind and the desire to let the right side of your brain shine? Do you enjoy searching for new content concepts, collaborating with producers and community members? If you said yes, APTN has the right opportunity for you! As our Producer Content Creation, you will be responsible for coordinating the development and pre-production for in-house productions for APTN lumi and other APTN media channels.
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Hire teams to produce content, including a director, writer, and talent;
• Negotiate deals with Third Party Production Service Companies;
• Assist with writing and editing scripts;
• Collaborate and manage outside producers and community members/resources to oversee all production management;
• Plan video shoots; book guests/interviews, scout, select, and reserve shoot location;
• Oversee the development and pre-production for both short-form and long-form digital video projects from conception through completion, serving as the primary contact for internal and external parties.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• A degree / diploma / certificate in a relevant discipline (ie: Film, Video Production); or equivalent combination of education, experience, or traditional knowledge;
• Strong knowledge of television and digital content production dynamics and working knowledge of the equipment and technologies therein;
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and the post production environment;
• Ability to multi-task and self-adjust priorities in a continuously changing production environment;
• Experience with an Indigenous organization is an asset;
• Experience with First Nations/Metis/Inuit culture and teachings is an asset;
• Proficiency with Internet, E-mail and other business-related computer software is required.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Monday, December 12, 2022.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35-hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: Currently all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.