PRODUCER – CTV News
Do you want to join a team of trailblazers defining a new kind of news storytelling?
We are creating digital news for a new generation of news junkies. Bringing them news – where they want it. When they want it in the style and format they want it. Where creativity meets technology right in your hands. Highly produced and carefully crafted, this is news that matters… in quick digestible bites.
CTV News is looking for a talented, energetic producer to work on an exciting voice in daily news for a brand new digital platform. Our ideal candidate is not just a stand-out writer, but someone ready to step in and get it done, whatever it may be.
The successful candidate has excellent news judgement and knows how to creatively use video and graphics to tell stories in a smarter way. The right person thrives in a high pressure environment, pitches stories and gets them done whether news of the day or a longer feature. You are not afraid to try something new and you play well with others.
What You’ll Do:
· Pitch, research, report stories for daily broadcast
· Work independently on short-form news stories under deadline
· Prepare video and graphics elements for editors
· Work closely with graphic artists to create info-graphics
· Work closely with editors to build story segments
What You’ll Need
· 2+ years of news or information producing experience
· Must have strong writing skills
· The strongest commitment to the CTV tradition of trust, integrity and credibility
· Deadline news writing experience
· Knowledge of desktop editing an asset
· Digital or mobile news producing experience
· Willingness to work overtime and overnights, during special events and breaking news situations as needed
· In order to be considered for this role, please include a sample of your work and/or a link to your portfolio
If this is you, contact us and show us what you’ve done.
Please Apply Here: