Producer – Evening News. Full-Time
Come and play a key role at CHCH News, a multiplatform news organization headlined by Canada’s leading local heritage station, CHCH-TV. We genuinely care about each other and about working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best selves to work. We have a strong commitment to quality news programming across multiple platforms serving the dynamic and rapidly growing regions of Hamilton, Halton and Niagara.
● Work with the news director, executive producer, assignment editor, digital lead and other news team members to develop and determine what stories and content will be featured in the newscasts and across all platforms.
● In conjunction with the news director and executive producer, oversee the look, production and editorial direction of the Evening News and its associated online and social media accounts.
● Develop story ideas and contacts.
● Write scripts, intros and all show elements in conjunction with anchors and others, while efficiently and effectively communicating across the newsroom.
● Supervise editorial line-up, provide creative direction and assignments to graphics operators and vet graphics, videos, and scripts.
● Take the show to air in the control room working with the control room staff, working closely with the director/switcher on the visual presentation.
● Follow breaking/developing news Initiate ideas for stories and coverage, including for the integration of content on-air, online, and through social media.
● Monitor wires and social media for news.
● Other related duties (such as specials and other event programming) as assigned
● Several years of experience as a news producer is preferred.
● Familiarity with the news and newsmakers of Hamilton, Halton and Niagara
● Proven editorial news judgment with high journalistic standards.
● Proven ability to prioritize and meet deadlines of several simultaneous duties, while maintaining focus and composure.
● Ability to lead a team and motivate staff.
● Superior communication skills.
● Creative and progressive writing skills.
● In depth knowledge of, and interest in, all news and current affairs
Application Deadline: 5:00 pm, September 26, 2022
Posting Date: September 2, 2022
Union position in Function Group DD, Wage Classification Rate 14
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CHCH-P-2022-09
2190015 Ontario Inc. is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce.
2190015 Ontario Inc. is a member of the Channel Zero group of companies and along with its subsidiaries, affiliates, and related companies is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to diversity in its workforce. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply but applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only selected candidates will be contacted. No telephone calls or agencies please.
CHCH-TV started broadcasting in 1954 and is proud to be the news leader for Hamilton and the surrounding Halton and Niagara regions. CHCH produces over 24 hours of original local news programming each week. With a primetime line-up anchored by movies, news magazine shows, and hit dramas, CHCH is available to over 92% of Ontario households and is viewed by millions nationally each week. CHCH News is produced daily out of its broadcast studio located in Hamilton, Ontario. For more information, please visit chch.com.