Get the best of both worlds! Spend part of your workday exercising your creativity, and the other connecting with some of the best listeners in the world.
The Yukon’s #1 radio station is hiring a full time Production Director/Morning Show Co-host. Work in our big, bright, purpose-built studios right in downtown Whitehorse, with a view of beautiful Golden Horn Mountain.
Minimum of 1-2 years of production experience. Proficiency in Adobe Audition required. Experience in WideOrbit Automation for Radio is an asset.
CKRW The Rush offers permanent employees a benefits package that includes major medical, dental, and vision.
Production Director Responsibilities:
1. Produce all the local commercials and promos for the radio station.
2. Work with internal and external voice talent to get the best possible read for each script
3. Strong coordination with Sales and Traffic teams to ensure that all commercial and promo audio assets are appropriately titled, and properly placed into the automation system on time and for the correct dates.
4. Ensure there is a balance of recorded voices on the air - Coordinate voicing inside the building with on-air talent as well as from external sources.
5. Attention to detail and the quality control process.
6. Represent station to clients & listeners with integrity, respect and mature judgment.
7. Other duties as assigned by the General Manager.
Producer: Required Skills and Qualifications:
1. Proficient in using Adobe Audition multi track computer software to create broadcast quality audio clips (commercials, promos, etc.).
2. A solid working knowledge of WideOrbit Automation for Radio would be an asset.
3. 1-2 years’ production experience
4. Ability to motivate and work with on-air talent and external clients to ensure you get the best possible read from them.
5. A positive, friendly, respectful manner and customer service approach that will enable the successful candidate to deal with challenging situations with empathy and sincerity.
6. Organized and able to manage a constant workload.
7. Broadcast Production Certificate or equivalent technical production schooling and/or training.
On-Air Radio Personality Responsibilities
1. Co-Hosting the Morning Mess
2. Informing and entertaining target audience with a focus on target demographic and growing the audience.
3. Operating on-air board, automation software (WideOrbit Automation for Radio), and studio equipment.
4. On-location broadcasts (aka Remotes) and promotional appearances as required.
5. Other related duties as assigned by General Manager.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, demo via email to:
Subject Line: Production Director / Announcer