Program Coordinator – Local Content
Saugeen Community Radio, better known as 88.7 The River in Mount Forest is growing! The River began and remains ‘Local Radio, at its Best” and we strive to maintain high quality content not only with the music we play but with our spoken word programing. We are currently looking for a programming rock star to help us be THEE local source for information, news, and music.
This role will report to the General Manager and includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
• This individual would be responsible for all current and new spoken word programming. This would include 60 second Community Minutes to full 1-hour talk shows. Also, under this umbrella would be seeking local musical talent that we can feature on The River as well.
• Create a strategic plan to develop and maintain a template for local programming.
• Seek out, monitor, and maintain existing and new local content. This includes information, events and music
• Maintaining The River’s online community events calendar, locating, scheduling and producing local on-air guests and local music to showcase
• Liaising with local businesses, news makers, community groups and the staff and volunteers at The River.
• Manage all promotion of programming and compiling a database of local organizations, news sources and events
• Engage with North Wellington and Southern Grey communities to encourage involvement in the project, strengthen existing and develop new partnerships.
• Oh yeah, I almost forgot, have some fun! You just never know what kind of other shenanigans we might get up to around here.
The ideal candidate will be driven, self-motivated and able to work on their own and as part of the team. The candidate will have, preferably completed a radio/communications program but this is not mandatory.
To apply, send a resume, air-check, demo or anything else you think we may like to see to Rob Mattice at email@example.com with “Hey, I Like People” in the subject line.
Or send to 88.7 The River, 248 Main St. N Mount Forest N0G 2L2