The 92.7 ROCK Program Director will lead the brand’s on air and digital experience, responsible for talent, content and programming. This is a leadership role and requires an individual who can lead by example and model our values. We believe in fostering a creative, collaborative, accountable, fair and fun environment, and our next PD will be responsible for nurturing that environment among our team in Sudbury. This role reports to National Format Director, Rock.
· Develop and execute the programming plan for the radio station.
· Lead the local content team to create and curate content on multiple platforms including FM, digital and mobile.
· Coaching, development and recruitment of on-air talent, production and promotions staff.
· Co-ordinate with Music, Production, News & Promotions departments to accomplish the sound of the station in accordance with the format.
· Partner with Promotions, Sales and Creative teams with respect to promotions, contests, marketing and commercial integrations.
· Work in conjunction with National Format Director, Programming & Sales in support of local, national & corporate business goals to increase market share & revenue.
· Manage programming budget.
· Ensure station complies with CRTC regulations.
· Maintain competitive market knowledge and awareness.
· Build strong social media presence with compelling & relevant content that fits the brand.
· This role will provide support to the National Format Director in respect to coordinating programming & initiatives across the Ontario North region.
· Experience in programming management is desirable.
· Proven track record in effectively leading teams.
· Previous on-air experience would be advantageous but not essential for the role.
· Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively deal with multiple stakeholders.
· Ability to analyse data and make business decisions based on analysis; sound judgement and quality decision-making skills.
· Organized and the ability to prioritize.
· Openness to feedback and coaching.
· Audio editing skills (the technical ability to find, edit, and package audio clips for air).
· Video editing skills would be beneficial.
· Understanding of how to utilize and grow social media.
· Experience with Wide Orbit Automation; VoxPro; Adobe Audition & Word Press an asset.
Please log on to jobs.rogers.com to apply and refer to Req #183592.