About the Role
Opportunity awaits you at Corus Radio Barrie! We’re searching for a dynamic and inspiring team leader to become our next Program Manager. This role is perfect for someone who thrives on creativity and can energize a team of diverse performers to bring big ideas to life in fun and exciting ways for our audiences. The in-office culture is a very big part of what we do so if you have a passion for teamwork, collaboration and striving for excellence, then we encourage you to apply for this role with Corus Entertainment.
Reporting to the Regional Program Director, The Program Manager is responsible for the day to day operation of Fresh 93.1, BIG 101 in Barrie and 95.1 The Peak in Collingwood. The successful candidate will guide and coach all on air talent across the three brands. They will also work closely with the Promotions and Sales departments to set objectives for the brands, meet ratings targets and assess the overall needs of the stations, staff and clients.
You'll be working on things like:
• Oversee all aspects of programming for Fresh 93.1, BIG 101 in Barrie and 95.1 The Peak in Collingwood with a focus on development through consistent multi-platform coaching, mentoring and feedback.
• Direct responsibility for ratings growth of the 3 FM radio stations
• Coach talent to ensure strong performance as content creators, social influencers and community ambassadors.
• Work with Promotions and Sales to innovate and execute engaging contesting and revenue generating opportunities.
• Lead regular programming meetings that foster open communication, inclusion and development of ideas.
If you have the following...we want to hear from you!
• Post-secondary education in radio broadcasting or broadcast communications or equivalent
• 3-5 years of experience in radio operations (on-air would be considered an asset)
• Ability to coach and direct on-air talent as individuals and as a team with an inspiring personality
• Willingness to collaborate and share ideas across various Corus Programming platforms / teams
• A demonstrated understanding of the multi-platform branding – on-air / online / on-site
• Experience in successfully managing the Programming department of a radio station is a plus
• Adaptable, comfortable in a fast paced and continuously evolving industry
• Ability to build solid relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
Application Deadline: November 1, 2022