Position: (Full Time) Promotions Coordinator
Reports to: Promotions Director
Station: X92.9 FM
Application Deadline September 3, 2021
Only those candidates selected to interview will be contacted. No phone calls please
X92.9 Calgary’s Alternative has an exciting position available within the promotions department. If you’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and works well under pressure with multiple deadlines, then the position of PROMOTIONS COORDINATOR is for you. You’ll work in an innovative environment, head up the street team, and execute awesome promotions for both the station & our clients. Not to mention you’ll work for the station that throws the best party - One Weekend Only!
If you love X92.9 and you’re passionate about creating outstanding promotions, once in a lifetime events and leaving your mark - apply now!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist the Promotions Director in the development, preparation and execution of programming and sales promotions.
· Oversee training, scheduling, and coordinating requirements for the external activities of the X92.9 street team
· Attend all major station promotions and designated client promotions as needed
· Maintain updates and additions to the X92.9 website and be Social Media savvy
· Other duties as assigned by the Promotions Director
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong computer skills using Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Adobe Photoshop and Premier Pro. Bonus: if you’ve ever worked with SoCast and Sparc (formerly Radio Promo Hub)
· An understanding of the importance of maintaining a strong presence on Social Media
· Keen problem-solver with ability to act quickly and accurately
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
· Creative, dynamic, energetic and accountable
· Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to succeed with an eagerness to learn new skills
· Minimum 2 years of experience within radio promotions
· Must have high attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
· Ability to work well under pressure and handle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision
· Must be willing to work flexible hours. Weekend and evening hours will be required occasionally for station events and promotions
· Must hold a valid Class 5 driver's license
Please send your resume, cover letter, or anything else you think will get you this sweet gig to:
Kimberly Carson Promotions Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Harvard Media Calgary
Please put “Promotions Coordinator” in your subject title.
Harvard Media values diversity in its work force and is committed to Employment Equity. No matter your personal background if you meet the job requirements you will be considered for this position.