Stingray Radio – Toronto, ON
Stingray Radio Toronto has an immediate opening for the position of Promotions Coordinator. We are looking for someone who knows how to have fun and can represent our brands in an energetic, responsible, and professional manner.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties for boom 97.3 and 93.5 Today Radio, which include:
· Work with programming, sales, creative and digital teams to develop and execute on-air, digital and street level promotions to maximize ratings and revenue
· Draft and present proposals and post-campaign wrap reports to clients and partners
· Schedule, manage and maintain all contest prizing and oversee the winner fulfillment process
· Assist in hiring, coaching and supervision of part-time staff
· Copywriting for web, social media, station imaging and host liners
· Create contest images and videos for websites and social media
· Attend station and client events as required
· Participate in weekly meetings and brainstorms
· Champion community outreach support & charitable programs
· Administrative support (responding to listener and client inquiries, interacting with contest winners, manage office supply inventory, accounts receivables deposits)
· Additional duties as assigned by the Promotions Director and Program Directors
Required skills and qualifications include:
• Post-secondary education in radio broadcasting, marketing or public relations
• Minimum of 1 year experience in radio promotions. Major market experience would be considered an asset.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Self-motivated, team player with a positive attitude and passion to succeed
• Detail oriented with exceptional organizational skills
• Ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• A passion for music, media and engaging content
• Previous experience working with WordPress or similar web content management systems
• Recognize that radio is a 24/7 medium and have a willingness to step outside the traditional 9-5 as needed
• A valid Ontario G-Class driver’s license is mandatory
If this is YOU, then please do the following:
1. Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form:
2. Send us your resume to:
John Downey, National Director of Marketing & Promotions – firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: Friday January 27, 2023
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of racialized groups are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.