Promotions Director CFNR
In radio, the Promotions Director is charged with creating and coordinating promotional programs and events. As a Promotions Director, you interact with every department of the radio station. You plan either sales promotions, which generate revenue, or programming promotions, which are aimed at increasing the audience’s participation through on air interaction or website and social media. These promotions may include live broadcast events in public (remote broadcasts), on-air contests, announcer appearances, giveaways, and so on. You're expected to attend all promotional events to make sure everything runs smoothly. As a Promotions Director, you are a representative for the station, and must interact often with the public, various officials, and advertisers.
Position: Full-time Shift: Daytime (with occasional evenings and weekends) Travel Requirements: Throughout the CFNR netowork Reports To: Program Director/Sales Manager
• Developing and executing/implementing station and sales-driven promotions, contests and events.
• Research, develop and implement revenue-facing and cost-saving opportunities for station and sales initiatives
• Creating, editing and managing annual calendar of stations promotions, events and content inventory (promos, liners, PSAs etc.)
• Organizing and attending weekly meetings for promotion activations, requests etc.
• Assist the Multimedia Coordinator in maintaining the brand of CFNR online and in the community through posting and contributing content on our social media platforms.
• Creating, editing and managing the station’s promotional marketing and advertising materials (i.e. signage, station equipment, station vehicles, prizing etc.)
• Providing branding direction and guidance to internal and external clients
• Supporting the on-air hosts and clients in the continued pursuit of positive engagement and connection with our brand and listeners online, at the office and at events.
• Organizing and implementing station participation and presence at on/off-site station, sales-based and community events, broadcasts and remotes
• Creating wrapup reports of station and sales-based events and promotions
• Must be willing to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends when needed)
• Punctual and detail orientated
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Team player with a positive attitude and the ability to work well under minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
• Experience and knowledge of posting to various social media platforms
• Must hold a valid BC full Class 5 driver’s license
• Responsible, reliable, trustworthy and able to maintain confidential and sensitive information
• Basic knowledge of Wordpress is ideal, but not required
• Graphic design skills including use of Adobe Creative Cloud would be an assett
• Proficient computer skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Previous experience in event-based marketing an asset
• Radio/Television background is ideal, but not required
• Post-secondary education in broadcasting or related fields would be considered an asset
• Knowledge/background in Digital technology would be an asset
Applicants who are interested and meet the above qualifications are asked to submit a cover letter and resume to the posting in our Job’s North Section on our website: https://www.cfnrfm.ca/jobs-north/