Stingray Radio – Vancouver, BC
Promotions Director – Maternity Leave
Are you creative, innovative, and passionate about radio? Stingray Radio Vancouver has a rare opportunity for someone who knows how to have fun and can represent our brands in an energetic, responsible, and professional manner. The successful candidate will perform a variety of tasks for Z95.3 and The Breeze 104.3 Radio including:
• Oversee and facilitate relationships with both programming and sales departments to ensure that both constituents are served consistently in the interests of pursuing ratings and revenue
• Working closely with programming departments and on-air talent to come up with strategies to improve ratings
• Being instrumental in the creative development of station promotions & sales campaigns
• Successfully, executing, and managing all aspects of promotional campaigns
• Attending all major station promotions and client promotions as required
• Development and supervision of the Promotions Department, including coordinators and brand ambassadors
• Oversee and approve the integration of the station brands as pertaining to client connectivity and promotional partnerships.
• Attending and participate in weekly meetings
• Scheduling booking and executing station contests
• Managing inventory of prizing
• Updating station websites and social media as required
Required skills and qualifications include:
•Previous radio experience would be considered an asset
• On-air experience would be considered an asset
• Excellent time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines
• Detail oriented
• Strong writing, power-point, photoshop, and oral presentation skills
• A strong understanding of the role of promotions regarding the brand of the station
• Ability to lead and inspire our street team
• Awareness that radio is a 24/7 medium and willingness to step up outside of the traditional 9-5
• General knowledge of computers and software programs
• Valid driver’s license
If this is YOU, then please do the following:
1. Complete the following Employment Equity Self-Identification Form:
2. Send us your resume to:
Devon Tschritter - General Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Submissions deadline: Friday, Nov 13, 2020
Stingray Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company.
Stingray Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.
Not the job for you? Check out our Careers page to consult other available positions and learn more about Stingray. We’re always on the lookout for new talent.