Regional News Director
Acadia Broadcasting is a growing media company with radio stations in Ontario and across Atlantic Canada. We are focused on informing and entertaining the markets we serve through local talent and news. We are also driven to provide cutting edge marketing solutions to our local businesses through the power of our radio reach, partnered with digital mediums.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Regional News Director to join our team in beautiful Thunder Bay, Ontario, as the leader and coach of our regional newsrooms. This role would oversee the newsrooms for Thunder Bay, Dryden, Kenora and Fort Frances.
Reporting directly to the Station Manager in Thunder Bay, this role will oversee the daily operation of our newsrooms. The integrity of our newsroom is a key factor in the success of our stations and in the communities we serve. You will be required to anchor newscasts, lead talent development, cover local events, and facilitate the distribution content through all our channels.
• Ensure that the overall quality of our news product meets or exceeds the expectations of our audience.
• Produce and oversee web and radio news content.
• Managing the regional stations' news operations and leading a team focused on local and regional
• Review daily newscasts to ensure quality control and ethical standards are being met and provide
regular feedback and coaching to all members of your team.
• You will need to assign stories and plan for coverage of local events in all our Northwestern Ontario markets. Strong time management and organizational skills are a must.
What we are looking for:
• Experience in a leadership and coaching role would be considered an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills that contribute to a positive, inclusive culture.
• Ability to initiate and drive continuous collaborative improvement; ability to think creatively based on the needs of the audience and advertisers through a team approach.
• You understand the importance of gathering multimedia to help tell a more interesting and interactive story – on-air and on the web.
• Proficient with social media and understand the importance of repurposing on-air content for our online readers.
• Strong computer skills including experience in in Microsoft and industry specific software such as SoCast and Burli.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license.
As a member of Acadia Broadcasting, you will have access to a comprehensive compensation package including an annual incentive program, health and dental coverage options, life insurance, and a company matched retirement savings plan.
Championing our employees’ health and wellbeing is important to us, so we also offer a Fitness Reimbursement Program, and access for your immediate family in our excellent Employee and Family Assistance Program.
We strive to be the best radio station, marketing advisor and employer in every market we serve through quality local programming, achieving positive results for advertisers, and rewarding employee excellence. If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply with a resume, and include links to audio demos as well as writing samples.
Acadia Broadcasting is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.