Reporter Correspondent – Ottawa (4 Month Term)
Highlights of this opportunity:
We are seeking a skilled journalist who is ready to join our Ottawa team as an online reporter correspondent. If you would like to chase exciting stories and contribute to our talented news crew in the beautiful city of Ottawa, we would love to hear from you.
· Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
· Cover daily breaking news; meet and develop new contacts, travel to remote communities;
· Enjoy more creative control over your stories;
· Flexibility to write breaking news and long form journalism stories;
· Join a team that provides coverage of the issues facing Indigenous communities locally and nationally;
· Craft high quality stories and demonstrate great time management skills;
· Demonstrate your strong communication skills while interacting with the public and remote colleagues.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
· A degree/diploma in journalism or related field with proven experience related to journalism;
· Interest in politics and knowledge of the political system in Ottawa and across the country;
· Be comfortable on camera, solid judgment, research techniques and the ability to be flexible;
· A strong ability to articulate and effectively communicate issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
· Strong computer skills and knowledge
· A valid driver’s license and clear driver’s abstract - since you’ll be travelling to obtain your exciting stories.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Monday, April 3, 2023.
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first National Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Some of the great rewards we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes; comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched- defined contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights are a 35-hour work week and training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us that we support you and your success during your time with us. That is why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve success and overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: Currently all interviews will be held via MS Teams or teleconference.