Reporter/Editor (English Services) - PRI00061
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Prince George, BC
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
We are looking for a reporter who is connected to this community, who knows how to find original stories and who has a passion for storytelling. You are a creative, strong critical thinker who can tell compelling stories on multiple platforms: digital, radio and television. You will be expected to report breaking news, produce original journalism and write stories and analysis for online platforms. You must demonstrate and maintain exceptional skill in writing about Prince George and Northern B.C. issues in a clear and concise manner.
What you bring:
• Ability to generate, pitch and pursue strong, creative story ideas.
• Ability to read the newscasts.
• Story-teller with a strong demonstrated connection to the diversity of Prince George and Northern B.C. communities.
• Proven ability to work in diverse teams.
• Working knowledge of digital news including social media.
• Flexibility with hours of work and willingness to learn and take on new tasks across all CBC platforms.
• Sound news judgment and ability to work effectively under newsroom deadline pressure.
• Experience in determining potential legal and journalistic issues and ability to act on them.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; strong team player.
• Ability to generate original, enterprise journalism.
• High energy and enthusiasm towards journalism.
• University degree or equivalent with a minimum of three years of recent, related experience.
• Ability to work a variety of shifts including early starts, late finishes and weekends.
Please include additional documentation or a link to your online demo or website, blog or video in your cover letter.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5fe26c0a3af01949eb7d18cb/55155cf112497d1f5916e365/en