Castanet has an immediate opening for a reporter in Kelowna.
We are seeking an energetic journalist with knowledge of the B.C. Interior and experience in video or broadcast journalism.
You will produce daily video content as well as written stories for the BC Interior’s 24/7 source for news and information. Castanet News has an audience of over 600,000 unique visitors a week and more than 11 million page views. At a time when most media outlets are shrinking, we are growing.
You will be a motivated, self-starting and journalist with the ability to produce concise, must-read and must-watch stories with quality photographs and captivating headlines.
Previous experience with video editing software is an asset.
• Ability to produce at least five tightly written, informative stories a day
• Comfortable reporting in both video and print formats
• Connected to the community with a knowledge of current issues and a network of contacts in the BC Interior
• Great writing ability and videography skills
• Must be social media and computer savvy
• Valid driver's licence and vehicle
• Availability to work when news happens, both in the office and remotely with a team of journalists throughout the BC Interior.
• Training will be provided.
If you are interested, send a resume and demo to firstname.lastname@example.org