Welcome to Vista Radio, we are currently hiring a Sr. Reporter/Editor in Bolton.
If you live in the area and have a passion for News and storytelling, then please read on.
We work to be detail oriented, accurate and timely for a news environment.
We work in a collaborative and supportive environment so you can develop your skills to be a self-starter and a leader.
We empower our employees to shape company culture. Our culture includes being committed to fostering an inclusive and dynamic working environment.
● Contribute to and maintain the station(s) local news and website brands
● Researching and writing news stories
● Executing a local broadcast
● Represent the radio station in the community
● Post to social media, maintain and manage social media sites
● Establish a weekly one-on-one call with direct reports within the cluster
● Liaise with the Vista Director of News weekly or on an as needed basis to ensure local news content is being fulfilled
● Train and provide cluster news staff with story ideas and coach on localizing national/international stories.
● Train and coach on writing skills and edit stories before going to air or online
● Establish scheduling for sick days, holiday coverage etc.
● Participate weekly in a writing check/air-check session of your own work with Vista’s Director of News
● Participate in Vista News conference calls
● Minimum 3 years working full time in a newsroom or equivalent journalism experience
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Strong on-air delivery
● Knowledge of video and Adobe Premier considered an asset
● The ability to work within a fast-paced environment both individually and with a team
● Working familiarity with Adobe Audition, Newsroom, and on-air software is a big-time plus.
● Ability to use and excel with social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc)
● A valid driver's license
Apply online at VistaRadio.ca or email a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube or mp3 audio demo with your resume, as well as samples of your writing, to Wendy Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org
As an equal-opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Only applicants that are currently legally authorized to work in Canada will be considered