Social Media Editor (Winnipeg)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes:
comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan.
Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged.
It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us.
That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
Do you have a passion for social media, keeping current with trends and creating/sharing content with others?
Are you someone who enjoys collaborating with your team and presenting creative, fresh, innovative ideas?
If you said yes, then APTN would love to hear from you!
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Work on a variety of social media channels;
• Take your social networking experience and social analytical knowledge to the next level;
• Contribute and assist the Social Media Producer with writing, packaging and publishing relevant social media content for the social platforms;
• Collaborate with our News, Marketing and Communication teams;
• Ensure social accounts are programmed to align with the audience’s needs;
• Monitor news platforms for viral stories, memes or trends; promote these stories on social platforms;
• Collect and analyze community reaction for the Social Media Producer;
• Prepare and maintain the day-to-day development of online social content.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Post-secondary education in a relevant discipline with proven, related experience;
• Quick-thinking, with a solid understanding of news and topics;
• Editorial experience is an asset;
• Exceptional teamwork skills and creativity, partnered with high quality, attention to detail; fluent with Internet, E-mail, broadcast software and strong social media skills.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Tuesday May 12, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current COVID-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.