Canadian Traffic Network (CTN), the largest supplier of traffic reporting in Canada, is currently searching for a Swing/Evening/Weekend/Fill-in reporter, 20-25 hours per week in our Toronto operations office.
Are you self-motivated, detail oriented, and not just able, but excited to work in a very fast-paced environment? Are you are looking to start to your broadcasting career, or just keep your already honed skills sharp? Either way, working as a CTN Traffic reporter, gives you the opportunity to be on-air on top rated radio and TV stations across the GTHA.
*note, this position is currently a “hybrid” with both office and remote shift options*
Here's what you will be doing:
· Constantly monitoring multiple Traffic information resources, always being aware of any problems or delays on area roads
· Prepare and present engaging and informative traffic reports on driving conditions, delays, and closures on local radio and/or television stations
· Update internal traffic information databases
Here is what we are looking for from you;
· Previous experience on-air on radio or TV. experience in traffic or news reporting would be an asset
· Degree or diploma in Journalism or Broadcasting or related field
· Flexible availability, as we are a 7 day a week, 18 hour a day operation
· Great organizational and time management skills and the ability to multi-task
· Better than average computer skills
· Experience and understanding of basic broadcasting equipment and tools
Intrigued? Get in touch Today –please email CV and mp3 or link to audio demo to firstname.lastname@example.org.