Posting Date: April 20, 2020
Closing Date: April 27, 2020
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Salary: Group 5 - Unifor Local 899
Commensurate with education and experience.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Shift work including evenings, weekends, overtime and on-call will be required.
Under the direction of the Manager of Engineering, this multi-talented and motivated team player will be responsible for maintenance of all TV and Radio broadcast equipment, including, but not limited to :
• High power transmitters.
• Production equipment.
• Electronic News Gathering equipment, cameras and accessories.
• Radio Systems including AM and FM Transmitters
• May be required to work in restricted or close quarters
• Flexibility with schedule is required in response to emergency repair needs
• IT and Networking Systems
• Travel to remote sites as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Post-Secondary education in Broadcasting Technology preferred.
• IT and Networking experience an asset
• Ability and willingness to work outside in all climates.
• Knowledge of all major television broadcast equipment is a definite asset.
• Professional attitude and disposition in dealing with staff and Management.
• MUST have initiative and organizational skills, be eager to learn, be flexible, and willing to help co-workers where required.
• MUST possess a valid driving license and clean abstract
• MUST have the ability to act as a team player, see the big picture, and work under pressure. Must have superior judgement and ability to multi-task a variety of functions while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
• MUST have a focus and track record of superior customer service.
Interested candidates are encouraged to forward a resume, in confidence to:
Manager, Broadcast Engineering
Bell Media Edmonton
18520 Stony Plain Road
Edmonton, Alberta T5S 1A8