Video Journalist/Radio Reporter, Bell Media
Req Id: 275032
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Bell Media is looking for a Video Journalist/Radio Reporter to join the news reporting team for CFTK-TV, EZ Rock 590 and CJFW-FM based out of Terrace, BC. The ideal candidate is comfortable as an on-air reporter, along with strengths in shooting and editing content. Primary responsibilities include tracking down stories and attending news events, reading morning news updates on radio, along with editing and producing stories for radio, television and the web. The ability to work a variety of shifts is required to cover news conferences, breaking news stories and regularly scheduled news conferences across the Northwest. Located at our studios in Terrace, BC, the Video Journalist/Radio Reporter will be part of a team of video journalists and anchors covering the Northwest BC region from the Bulkley Valley and Lakes District to the North Coast and up to the Alaska Border.
• Develop community contacts through the North Coast and Haida Gwaii.
• Attend news events, chase stories and follow up on files.
• Edit and produce stories for television, radio and the web on a daily basis.
• Work with team members to develop story ideas and co-ordinate news coverage.
• Prepare and read morning news updates on both Pure Country and EZ Rock radio stations.
• Attend City Council and School Board meetings.
• Attend weekly news department conference call meeting Wednesday at 10:20am to provide input on news department issues and story coverage.
• Works on special projects such as features and long form stories when needed.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience.
• Experience and demonstrated ability to operate ENG camera and editing equipment.
• Knowledge of Burli Newsroom System or similar audio editing program.
• Knowledge of Final Cut video editing suite or similar video editing system.
• Preferred 1 – 3 years experience in a similar or related position.
• A valid driver’s license and your own vehicle is absolutely essential (abstract may be required).
• Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
• The ability to work as part of a team.
• Mature, calm and professional manner.
• Strong communication, writing and creativity.
• Able to take instruction with ease; willing to learn.
• Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect and mature judgment.
• Strong references.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week. Shift work including early morning, evening, weekends and overtime as required
Location: 4625 Lazelle Avenue, Terrace, BC
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Terrace Application Deadline: 02/19/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Created: Canada, BC, Terrace
Link to apply : https://bit.ly/3tveT0g