Job Title: Video Journalist and Radio Reporter, Bell Media
Req Id: 287771
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: May 5, 2021
Closing Date: May 20, 2021
Position: Video Journalist and Radio Reporter, Bell Media Radio and Television
Location: Dawson Creek, BC
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
Bell Media has a unique opportunity for someone to enhance their television and radio skills as a member of the on-air team with Bell Media in Dawson Creek, BC. The primary responsibility of the Videographer and Radio Reporter is to track down stories, attend news events, edit and produce stories for radio, television and the web. Located at our studios in Dawson Creek, BC, you would be part of a team of reporters and anchors covering the Northeast BC region. This position requires day, evening and weekend shifts as required.
With the support of the News Director, you will:
· Develop community contacts
· Attend news events, chase stories and follow up on files
· Edit and produce stories for television, radio and the web on a daily basis
· Reading news, weather, and sports on Radio
· Work with team members to brainstorm story ideas and co-ordinate television coverage
· Occasionally travel to smaller communities within our coverage area to cover news events
· Daily phone checks with police, fire, ambulance, etc
· Attend municipal government, school district and regional district meetings weekly or monthly
· Successful candidate will have the opportunity to cover for the anchor and reporters in the Dawson Creek newsroom, on occasion
· Other duties as assigned
· Must have a comfortable on-camera presence, and the ability to do live TV
· Ability to write for Radio, TV, and the web
· Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision or un- supervised
· The ability to work as part of a team
· Mature, calm and professional manner
· Strong communication, writing and creativity.
· Able to take instruction with ease; willing to learn
· Represent Bell Media with integrity, respect and mature judgment
· Degree or Diploma from a recognized Broadcast/Journalism Program or equivalent experience
· Experience and demonstrated ability to operate ENG camera and editing equipment
· Knowledge of Burli or similar program.
· Knowledge of Final Cut or similar video editing system.
· Preferred 1 – 3 years’ experience in a similar or related position.
· A full and unrestricted Class 5 drivers’ licence with a clean drivers’ abstract is required
· Strong references
· Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply online with a link to your demo, cover letter and resume.
Job Location: Canada : British Columbia : Dawson Creek Application Deadline: 05/20/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. https://bit.ly/3vKQEvc