Video-Journalist (English Services) - LET00001
Job Family: Programming (TV-Radio-Web)
Primary Location: Lethbridge, Alberta
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Work at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on air, online or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
CBC Alberta is seeking a skilled storyteller and video journalist to fill this role in our brand new one-person bureau in Lethbridge! You are a creative thinker who brings original ideas and treatments to the newsroom and have demonstrated skills in shooting and editing news. You will understand the diverse and changing population in Lethbridge, and the importance of reflecting all our communities in our content. You’ll be our only journalist in Lethbridge so you should feel comfortable working on your own and representing the CBC in the city and the surrounding communities. Some travel around Southern Alberta is expected.
You will operate as part of the daily news team to research, gather, package and present media for CBC’s platforms including audio, video, and digital (online, social media, mobile).
The work must adhere to CBC journalistic and/or program policies, standards and practices but there is wide latitude for initiative, independent judgement and creativity. You must adhere to CBC’s Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest at all times.
· Graduation from University or Community College in a relevant course of study or equivalent industry experience.
· Three to five years directly related experience in a professional broadcast/digital operation.
· Comfortable and dynamic on-air presence.
· Excellent interviewing and storytelling skills.
· Knowledge of the issues, events and communities important to Lethbridge and the surrounding area in Southern Alberta.
· Ability to write clearly and concisely.
· Ability to field gather and edit on a smartphone or similar in-field device.
· Knowledge of field filing programs (e.g. Hindenburg, Dejero).
· Flexibility to work regularly for television, digital platforms and/or radio.
· Relevant experience in shooting and editing.
· Highly creative, imaginative, problem solver and motivated self-starter.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Strong desire to live and promote the values of diversity and an inclusive and respectful work culture.
· Experience with AVID, polopoly, or other content management tools for digital is an asset.
· Possession of a valid driver’s licence as well as a driving record that meets the minimum requirements of CBC/Radio-Canada's insurance company.
· Valid passport – ability and willingness to travel.
Please ensure you provide a link to your demo with your best work featuring breaking news, enterprise journalism and content that reflects the diversity of Canada.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
All employees of CBC/Radio-Canada are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as of December 1st 2021 unless exempted based on a medical/religious ground. As per this requirement, employees must attest to their vaccination status. The requirement for employees to be fully vaccinated applies whether they are teleworking, working remotely or working on-site. This is a condition of employment and it applies to all employees. Should you reach the point in the selection process where it is necessary to verify if you meet the conditions of employment, you will be asked to provide an attestation confirming your COVID-19 vaccination status.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/627e546ea80c21f93c200161/55155cf112497d1f5916e365/en