Writer, Producer, CTV Calgary, Bell Media
Req Id: 415595
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Position: Writer, Producer, CTV Calgary, Bell MediaReference number: 415595Location: 80 Patina Rise SW, Calgary, AlbertaSalary: Commensurate with education and experienceHours of work: 40 hours per week. Shift work and overtime as required, including occasional early morningsPosting Date: November 8, 2023Closing Date: November 22, 2023
Responsibilities: Working in the Calgary Newsroom and taking a role in the producing & execution of CTV Newscasts. This decisive, self-motivated individual will be applying his/her measureable talent and leadership skills to perform the following duties :
• Writing and producing in support of CTV News Calgary. This may include taking a lead with building the show, and supporting news anchors
• Supporting Multimedia Journalists and Web Producers
• May include assigning staff and resources for the gathering and production of local news programming. Identify and prioritize leading local news stories
• Proven ability to generate original story ideas. Actively participate in daily planning of news programming
• Consulting with Managing Editor, Producers, Anchors, Reporters, and other Newsroom staff to provide creative input to the production of story items, as well as scripting and report assembly
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a large market TV News Room. (performing in a leadership role would be a definite asset)
• Post-Secondary Education in Broadcasting, or Journalism
• Proven knowledge of television production procedures, terminology and equipment capabilities
• Previous experience in a TV news operation. Including reporting, producing, shooting news and assigning
• Excellent organization, coordination, concentration, leadership and communication skills
• Excellent time management, communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated ability to react quickly and productively in a changing environment requiring immediate decision-making
• Ability to adhere to tight deadlines and work with minimal supervision
Position Type: Union Job Status: Regular - Full Time Job Location: Canada : Alberta : Calgary Work Arrangement: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)Application Deadline: 11/22/2023
For work arrangements that are ‘Hybrid’, successful candidates must be based in Canada and report to a set Bell office for a minimum of 3 days a week. Recognizing the importance of work-life balance, Bell offers flexibility in work hours based on the business needs.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Link to apply: https://bit.ly/462PpcB
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, AB, Calgary
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.