93.1 The ONE is Leduc’s local radio. We have an immediate opening for a News Anchor/Reporter. We target an adult audience with a huge appetite and passion for local news.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Report live, breaking news stories as they occur in our communities. - Source and write local and regional news stories through established contacts and all other available sources.
- Attend local meetings including school boards, city councils, municipal districts, court cases, etc. and write local news stories from the information presented at the meetings.
- Monitor police and other emergency services as sources of news.
- Re-write appropriate regional, national and international news that is relevant to our local listening audience.
- Prepare and anchor newscasts.
Qualified candidates will be graduates of a recognized broadcast journalism program and/or have previous experience in a radio newsroom, possess excellent writing and communication skills, must be able to take direction and work well in a team environment.
Please submit your resume and audio ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is 5pm Thursday, March 31.