Graphic Artist (Winnipeg)
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
Highlights of this opportunity:
We are seeking a skilled Graphics Artist to assist in the daily production of APTN News and Current Affairs programming, and special events coverage for multi-platform use. If this sounds like an exciting opportunity for you, then we want to hear from you!
· Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
· Maintain a comprehensive library of elements for ease of access and remote retrieval;
· Produce and maintain templates to support electronic data insertion from external systems;
· Produce animated boards and graphics for on air use;
· Produce and reformat graphics for online use;
· Capture and deliver graphics and other visuals through the IT network and routers;
· Ensure all required graphics are complete prior to fax check, rehearsal and live to tape or live program segments;
· Use and maintain current and emerging Weather Central software for news and interstitials;
· Work shift work, including weekends, (Travel may be required).
Your accomplishments and experience include:
· A diploma/certificate for a Graphic Artist or in a related field with proven related experience;
· A strong ability to work under pressure, multi-task, complete research/analysis and make timely decisions;
· Knowledge of Internet software, email, and broadcast industry technology;
· VIZRT-Viz Artist software would be an asset;
· A valid driver license and drivers abstract.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers!
Click here to join our team today. Please apply before Tuesday April 7, 2020.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.
Please note: During the current Covid-19 environment- all interviews will be held via teleconference.