Program Director – Halifax, Nova Scotia
MBS Radio (Maritime Broadcasting System Limited) is looking for a unique individual who lives and breathes radio. Are you a person who has done everything in programming? – on air, production, writing, promotion, marketing, music scheduling, talent coaching, then we want you to come join our team!
We want someone who believes that great radio is a careful blend of art and science. That great radio takes well-thought-out strategic planning, implementation and execution. That great radio is about people; building teams and mentoring talent.
MBS Radio has a great opportunity for someone to take our programming to the next level with our market-leading country FX1019 and classic hits 899 The Wave. You will work directly with our Vice-President of Programming and our on-air talent to make them even greater!
• Knows how to win (you’ve done it before)
• You have endless energy
• Can work with talent to develop up and comers and help established talent excel
• Knows Country and Classic Hits formats
• Knows that good leadership is a combination of rallying the troops, jumping in and taking part, and giving direction
• Believes in working together as a team
• Believes that successful radio means being out in the community
• Has a good sense of targeted promotions and marketing
• Believes that the best success comes by working together with programming and sales
• Knows how to hire and retain great people
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the total supervision, direction, and overall performance level of all programming personnel.
• Ensures that programming is in and best serves the needs and interests of the station’s target audiences
• Establishes and communicates programming and content goals and vision, and then clearly measures their results.
• Provides programming leadership in a sales-friendly environment.
• Develops and effectively manages department budget.
• Provides rating analysis and reporting.
• Establishes long-range plans.
• Reports directly to our Director of Programming
• Hosting a daily live afternoon show on FX1019.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required.
• Minimum of 5 years programming experience with a proven track record of success. Halifax is a vibrant city and it’s very competitive. This is one of Canada’s Top 15 radio markets.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and clean abstract.
Send your resume and MP3 (max 5mb) demo or a link to a Soundcloud/YouTube demo. to the following:
Quoting Job Posting #MBS Halifax Program Director
Closing Date: February 17, 2023
MBS Radio supports the principles of Employment Equity is committed to ensuring our workforce is representative of the communities we serve. Women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and visible minorities are encouraged to apply and to self-identify so we can work towards full representation of those groups within our company. MBS Radio requires all applicants to be legally eligible to work in Canada without sponsorship.