Host Producer – Winnipeg
Are you ready to be the next face of APTN? Do you enjoy being in front of the camera, have a knack for building positive relationships and meeting exciting people? Does participating in research and production motivate you? If you said yes, then this is the opportunity for you!
Highlights of this opportunity:
• Become part of the team at one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers;
• Represents APTN by serving as the face viewers recognize, and as a representative, seeks to always maintain the excellent reputation of APTN;
• Delivers on-camera presentation of News & Current Affairs programs;
• Produces the highest possible quality news and current affairs shows, including daily, weekly, and/or special events news programs, for multi-platform use;
• Attends special events as the representative of APTN, and may be asked to represent APTN on-air and/or in public forums;
• Develops content, participates in the production of show segment(s) and/or concepts and makes editorial decisions for assigned show segment(s);
• Selects video for broadcast; maximizes the use of social media to encourage viewer on-air/on-line participation;
• Conducts research in and out of newsroom, investigates and reports stories as appropriate;
• Writes News and Current Affairs segments, on-camera scripts, copy stories, voice-overs, and other on-air elements;
• Interviews guests, celebrities, politicians, community representatives, etc, both on & off air;
• Reports on and remains aware of all issues relevant to Indigenous communities;
• Monitors national and local news and events for relevance and stays informed on current, breaking news, and emerging issues;
• Travel and shift work may be required;
• Develops and maintains sources and contacts for News gathering purposes.
Your accomplishments and experience include:
• Diploma or degree in a relevant discipline combined with proven related experience;
• Broadcast journalism experience;
• Exceptional verbal communication skills, coupled with the ability to share complex ideas/concepts with a diverse audience;
• Knowledge of office and broadcast software is required.
Your new opportunity awaits; come and see what makes us one of Canada’s top employers! Click here to join our team today.
Please apply before Friday, November 10, 2023
A little bit about us:
Launched in 1999 as the first national Indigenous broadcaster in the world, APTN creates a window into the remarkably diverse mosaic of Indigenous Peoples. As a respected non-profit, charitable broadcaster and the only one of its kind in North America, we share our stories of authenticity, while connecting with our audience through genuine, inspiring, and engaging entertainment.
Here’s what we can offer you:
As a Top 100 employer in Canada, taking care of our people is our priority. In addition to our fun, flexible team environment our total rewards package includes: comprehensive company paid health and dental coverage, an employer matched - Defined Contribution pension plan and an employee/family assistance plan. Other highlights include a 35 hour work week as well as training & development assistance, which is highly encouraged. It is important to us, that we support you and your success during your time with us. That’s why our total rewards are designed to help you achieve overall balance personally and professionally, both now and into your future.
As an Indigenous employer we encourage First Nations, Inuit and Métis applicants to apply.